1863-29 Battle of Salem Church, 3 – 4 May, 1863
1863 (Published 2/27/2022)
My Video Game Let’s Plays:
Second String General (Military LPs): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxD7TBqM9aZ4RV0lkKctag
A Girl’s Let’s Plays (all other LPs): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBNjLiDobhyFxnECOM0AuEw
My Personal Website
A Girl U Should Know:
I have done a lot of research, here are only a few of the links/reference:
The Civil War Battlefield Guide (Second Edition) by Frances H. Kennedy
Strategic battles by Diane Yancy
The three-cornered war : the Union, the Confederacy, and native peoples in the fight for the West by Megan Kate Nelson
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salem_Church
- Jacksonville Republican Newspaper:30 May 1863 – https://www.newspapers.com/clip/38739195/14th-al-todd-battle-of-salem-church/
- Historical Marker Database: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=3506
- Military History Fandom: https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_of_Salem_Church
- The Clio: https://theclio.com/entry/136185
- History Net: https://www.historynet.com/battle-of-salem-church-final-federal-assault-at-chancellorsville.htm
- Stone Sentinels: https://stonesentinels.com/less-known/salem-church/
- National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/frsp/learn/historyculture/sc.htm
- Sons of the South: http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war/1863/may/chancellorsville-battle.htm
Thank you civilwarmusic.net for the use of music “Bonnie Blue Flag” and “Kingdom Coming”
THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC
Composition: William Steffe; Performance: United States Air Forces in Europe Band, Concert Band; Recording: United States Air Force, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
The author died in 1890, so this work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author’s life plus 100 years or fewer.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published (or registered with the U.S. Copyright Office) before January 1, 1927.
WHEN JOHNNY COMES MARCHING HOME
Composition: J. Durnal; Performance: USMA Band; Composition Date 1863; Performance Date: 1990; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Special Thanks to Discerning History (http://discerninghistory.com/) for the use of video clips and info. You folks are great!
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of accounting, taxation, historical education, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.