The infamous Shell Crisis of 1915 combined with British inability to learn while the Germans do just that.
1915 (Published 07/15/2022)
My Video Game Let’s Plays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxD7TBqM9aZ4RV0lkKctag
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aubers
- First World War.Com https://www.firstworldwar.com/diaries/aterritorialinthesalient.htm
- The Western Front Association: https://www.westernfrontassociation.com/world-war-i-articles/aubers-ridge-9-may-1915-the-unpleasant-truth/
- Rememberance Trails: http://www.remembrancetrails-northernfrance.com/history/battles/the-battle-of-aubers-ridge-9-may-1915.html
- Long Long Trail: https://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/battles/battles-of-the-western-front-in-france-and-flanders/the-battle-of-aubers/
- Wartimes Memory Project: https://www.wartimememoriesproject.com/greatwar/battles/view.php?pid=7590
- The First World War East Sussex: http://www.eastsussexww1.org.uk/aubers-ridge/index.html
NEWSPAPERS (all newspapers retrieved from https://newspapers.com)
- (1915, May 13) “On the Aubers Ridge” The Times (London, Greater London, England), pp.26
- (1915,May 13) “The British Position in Northern France: Fight for Auburs Ridge”. The Staffordshire Sentinel Daily and Weekly (Stone-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England), pp. 4.
- (1915, May 14) “Violent Artillery Bombardment of the British Front” Devon and Exeter Daily Gazette (Exeter, Devon, England), pp. 16.
- (1915, May 13)”Fight for Auburs Ridge”, The Staffordshire Sentinel Daily and Weekly (Stone-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England), pp. 2
- (1915, May 12)”The Greatest Battle On”, The Kansas City Times (Kansas City, Missouri, USA), pp. 1.
- Buchan, John, Nelson’s History of the War Volume 1 Aslan Press 2008
- Keegan, John, The First World War, Vintage 2012 Kindle
- William Barnes Wollen’s painting of Lt. Hugh Niven leading the defense of Frezenberg Ridge after his superior officers were all killed or wounded today.
- Ich hatte’ einen Kamraden – Deutsch- Oesterreichisches militär potpourri. Victor, Camden, New Jersey, 1915. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, http://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.1993.
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of accounting, taxation, historical education, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.