1915-19 Third Battle of Anzac Cove
19 May 1915
The Third Battle of Anzac Cove, a pretty atrocious loss of life actually.
1915 (Published 08/12/2022)
My Video Game Let’s Plays: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZxD7TBqM9aZ4RV0lkKctag
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_attack_on_Anzac_Cove
- First World War.com: https://www.firstworldwar.com/battles/anzaccove_may.htm
- Australian War Musuem: https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/E84303
- Australian Government Department of Veteran’s Affairs “ANZAC Portal”: https://anzacportal.dva.gov.au/wars-and-missions/ww1/where-australians-served/gallipoli/early-battles
- Gallipoli: The First Day Centenary Edition: https://www.abc.net.au/ww1-anzac/gallipoli/campaign-overview/index.html
NEWSPAPERS (all newspapers retrieved from https://newspapers.com)
- (1915, April 29) “Dardanelles. Steady Advance in Gallipoli, Attacks Beaten Off.” Evening Standard and St. James’s Gazette (London, Greater London, England), pp.2.
- (1915, July 7) “Landing in the Dardanelles”. Western Mail (Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales), pp. 5 and 7.
- Hamilton, Ian. (1915, July 09) “Heroes All, Vivid Story of Gallipoli Landing told by Sir I. Hamilton, the Beach of Death. A Tornado of Fire. Help of the Navy. Fighting Day and Night.” The Devon and Exeter Daily Gazette (Exeter, Devon, England), pp. 6.
- (1915, April 29) “The Epic Story of the Dardanelles: A General Advantage”, The Liverpool Echo (Liverpool, Merseyside, England), pp. 6.
- (1915, April 29) “Steady Advance in the Dardanelles: Turks’ Novel Defenses”, The Derby Daily Telegraph (Derby, Derbyshire, England), pp 4.
- Hamilton, Ian (1915, July 07) “Sir Ian Hamilton’s Story of Heroism of Our Troops: How Lancanshire Fusiliers Hacked Their Way Through.” Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser, pp 5.
- (1915, July 07) “The First Landings in Gallipoli: The Fierce Turkish Resistance.” The Guardian (London, Greater London, England) pp 8.
- Buchan, John, Nelson’s History of the War Volume 1 Aslan Press 2008
- Keegan, John, The First World War, Vintage 2012 Kindle
- Canakkale Turkusu – Ottoman WWI Song, performed by İhsan Ozanoğlu. –and arranged by Muzaffer Sarisozen.
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of accounting, taxation, historical education, etc. we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.